Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day Four & Five


Well day four was pretty uneventful day we had your medical exams, which we were taking to the health department, put in a room, put into their system then had blood drawn and chest x-rays done. After that I ended up heading to the mall for dinner and then home early for bed.

Day five today has been a little more adventurous. Well I got up this morning knowing that I didn’t want to spend much money and that I wanted to go sightseeing. So I talked to the other group at breakfast and decided that it would be a great idea to head to Heritage Village (which is free). So we grabbed to taxis and headed to out. It was a cool place to explore. There where metal workers, leather workers, potters and so much more. It was a hot trip since most of it was outside, however it was nice that once you walked into the buildings it was air-conditioned. It was also nice that while we were in the village we were able to drink waters, since it is illegal to drink anything outside during Ramadan. We then started the worse idea we could have had; we decided that it was time to leave Heritage Village and head to IKEA and Carrefour. So we head out of the village and that is when we realized that there were no taxis here, which meant that we had to walk to Marina Mall. Which when we first looked at it, it didn’t look that bad. However when you add the heat and the noon hour sun and the lack of water it means one thing, HEAT STROKE. Yeah we walked and about two-thirds of the way there we had to stop and sit in the little shade we could find. We all poured some water on our head and then head the rest of the way. We made it but learned we will never do it again. We then shopped and I found a few items I would love to have in my home in Al Gharbia.

After this adventure we head back to hotel and then we were able to talk to one of the teachers that taught here last year. It was really great to sit and talk to her and have her answer questions that some of us had about what was going on here. We were also able to see some of the curriculum and workbooks that the teacher from last year had. After this I head for a nap, I knew that I had to get my fingerprints done at 10:00 pm. So I slept for a few hours then got up and head to the police station. I am now back at midnight and decided to finish the blog, but off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment