Thursday, September 2, 2010

Activity Day

So what a day so far, the day started with heading to the school for what is called activity day. I was so not looking forward to this since I woke up not feeling well, but off I went. When we got to the school they called it activity day. Well the start of the day was our group 13 working together to answer a quiz. It was an interesting quiz, part of the group went throughout the school, and part worked on geography questions, one on your flag, and the rest of us work of mind twisters. Our group was then broke up into three smaller groups one worked on building a car, one worked on making a building, and my worked on making a rap to perform. It was so much fun. We had to come up with a skit or poem or song about being in Abu Dhabi. The group I was in came up with a rap about coming to Abu Dhabi and working with the kids. Then we had to get perform our rap in front of the whole group. After that we had a small break and then went to culture class. We were able to hear a great speaker on his life growing up here in the UAE. After that is was a small discussion about will and a company that is here to help us.


Finally we were on the bus home. Sadly the group of Al Ain teacher had to pack up so that they could move out of the hotel and head to their new place in Al Ain. So I sat in the hotel lobby for a while my friends packed their bags and their children’s bags to get on the bus. So now I am off to get me some pasta from the mall and finally buy my internet. Well I didn’t buy it yet since I found that I can now work inside on the internet. So still going to be getting free internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment