Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sheikh Zayed Mosque

We started our day at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. This was one of the best places that I have been able to see here in the UAE. I don’t think that the picture even as beautiful as they are can do this place justice. All the women had to put on an abaya and shayla there are these white columns with gold pecks, then each column has this amazing flower deign going up the sides of them. Then we were able to go inside the Mosque and see the prayer room. It was so amazing to see the gold accents and the ninety-nine names of their God on the wall. Our tour guide gave us some great information about the mosque itself. We learned that the carpet in the mosque is all one piece of carpet. We also learned that they people who made the rug created raise parts of the rug where they are to line up on during their prayer time. We then were able to gather and have a Q&A session with the tour guides of the Mosques.


After our great tour we headed back to the school again this time we started the session with breaking off with our school providers. Three other Al Gharbia teachers and I end up working with CFBT out in the PPP schools. I learned that my location has changed from Ghaythia to Madinat Zayed. I also found out that I will be teaching in Al Hamdaniyal an all boys school 1-5 grade. I am excited to know that I have been moved to elementary and that I will be out in MZ. After that we head to our classes and sessions and then some of us received our bank cards and checks.

Once we were back at the mall, I was lucky enough to meet up with two LTs from last year who took some of us to Chinese. We then headed to Madinat zayed Mall (which is in Abu Dhabi) where we were able to find some great deals. I am proud to say that I was able to buy my first abaya for great prices, thanks to fellow teacher. Then I was able to come home and glue my shoe back together. So now I am signing off and heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment