Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last Few Weeks In the UAE

Well it has come down to the last few weeks here. It is hard to believe that a year is finally over, it seemed to take so long to get here, but now that it is here it seemed to fly. Well so my last few weeks I have been relaxing and it has been kind of boring. Let see once the kids left it was packing and cleaning for a week, which didn’t take that long, but we at school took our time. We then started our own schedule which was easy we would get to school by 8:00 reading until about 10:00, then watch a movie, and then read until time to go home. It made passing the time worthwhile. The last week of school the Principal and the CfBT group through a little party in recognition of the year. Teachers that were leaving received a gift; the rest of us received a certificate stating that we had been there for the year of teaching.

Let see, outside of school well that was a little more fun. The group of teachers that I hang out decided to hang out and get in as much time. The Friday of July 8th I was invited to have a Ladies party at another’s house. It was a combination of English and Arabic teachers. It was a great time that time to get to meet and hang out with the Arabic staff from another school. We then hung out in Abu Dhabi for the last time on that Saturday. We headed to the Maria Mall, mainly to get out of the house, it was great fun.
This last week at in the apartments were kind of sad and a downer, since we were all packing to head out and some not to return. I spent the week going to school then coming home and packing myself. This was my week up until school was out, than I was able to get out of the house a little more. I hung out with my neighbor and her son for a few days, playing with the kittens and going to Morune Dune. On Saturday I headed to Liwa to pick up another teacher and we all stopped at the Date Festival. It was interesting walking into the Date Festival; it reminded me of being at home at a county fair. There was a section of shops, a section for business, and section for heritage. It felt like I was walking through my local fair back home. Finally I headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment